Fire Door & Frame Repair plus Installation
As most people know, safety and property protection are critical these days. That’s why Atlas Door offers repair as well as installation of fire-rated doors and frames to clients across America. Our skilled technicians in Tampa, Orlando, Chicago are trained to properly fix and add fire doors so that people in your building can exit safely while limiting the spread of smoke and fire.
Reasons to have Atlas install fire doors:
- Allow for safe exiting in the event of a fire
- Prevent fire from spreading to different areas of your building
- Fire doors can be used as a regular exit when needed
- Protect your property, employees and visitors from smoke
- Offering expertly-crafted doors that are tested for safety
I’m sure you know that when lives and property are at risk, the fire rated doors and frames used in your building must meet high standards. That’s why the our doors and frames have been tested in accordance with UL10B, UL10C and UBC 7-2.
They are listed by Underwriters Laboratories and Warnock Hersey, and available with the labels usually required for your building to be up to code. This means that what we install not only meets building needs, but that you get peace of mind from knowing that you’re creating a safer work environment.
Why Atlas is Your Best Choice for Fire Door Installation
The management team of Atlas Door Repair has been installation and fixing doors for over 25 years. What this means to you is that not only do we have the experience that you deserve, but the knowledge needed to determine what your fire door needs are.
We offer various fire doors with labels ranging from 20 minutes up to three hours. Steel fire doors are rated by the amount of time that the door can withstand exposure to fire while being tested. We are able to provide you with the correct fire doors at the required ratings needed. We’re proud to carry fire doors rated up to three hours for the best protection possible of your building and employees.
Here’s the technical stuff for those that need specs:
Standard frames as well as drywall frames have been tested in accordance with UL10B, UL10C and UBC 7-2 and listed by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Warnock Hersey (WH). They are available with labels from 20 minutes to three hours.
Three sided labeled frames can be furnished K.D. (knocked down) or set up (welded) with various loose (“T” Masonry, wire masonry, existing wall or UNA twist in stud) anchors. Stock frames come with embossed UL label on each hinge jamb.
All frames can be furnished with 6″ Hospital stops. Labeled three sided frames are available for the following applications:
- Single Opening
- Double Opening – Pairs swinging in same direction
- Double Opening with a mullion (stationary or removable)
- Double Egress – use in corridor applications
- Communicating – two doors swinging from the same hinge jamb
- Multiple opening – combination of hinge and/or strike jamb and vertical mullions
Labeled frame assemblies for use as borrowed lights (windows). Transform / side panels and transform / side lights are available in a variety of configurations and must be of welded construction. Glass for assemblies can be wire glass or laminated or solid ceramic glazing.
Fire rated doors have been tested in accordance with UL10B, UL10C and UBC 7-2 and listed by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Warnock Hersey (WH). They are available with labels from twenty minutes to three hours.
The size of the glass lites is dictated by the required hourly rating. All glass used in fire rated doors must be listed glass and be either 1/4″ [6mm] wire, laminated or solid ceramic material.
Basic guidelines on glass are as follows:
- 3 Hour – 100 sq. inch [.065m2] per door leaf (where permitted by the authority having jurisdiction) special glazing.
- <p”>1 1/2 Hour – 100 sq. inch [.065m2] per door (wire glass) or 138 sq. inch [.086m2] (4) vision panels max. (special glazing)
- 45 Min – 1296 sq. inch [0.84m2] per light neither dimension exceeding 54 inch [132mm] (2856 sq. inch [1.84 m2] with special glazing).
- 20 Min – 1296 sq. inch [0.84m2] per light neither dimension exceeding 54 inch [132mm]
- 20 Min – without hose stream. 2971 sq. inch [1.93m2] per light (width 35 3/4″ [908mm] x height 83 1/2″ [2111mm]).
Fire rated doors can be prepared for listed fusible link louvers. Maximum louver 24″ x 24″ [610mm x 610mm], maximum rating 1 1/2 hours. Doors with louvers shall not be provided with glass lights, vision panels or fire exit hardware.
Call 800-359-3449 Now for Expert Service.
Please call us now at 800-359-3449 for a free quote on our repair services, or for more info. You may also complete the easy service request form. Just Click the button below for a free quote on our services.
Atlas door repair23900 W Industrial Dr suite #1
Plainfield, Illinois 60585-729(800) 359-3449https://atlasdoorrepair.com
Plainfield, Illinois 60585-729