It is our go-to safe place when bedrooms don’t usually do the trick. It is the safe place where we can sing, mind our business in private or just relax. It helps us calm down in one way or another, and the only thing that separates us from our shower is our shower door.
Shower doors are important, and there are plenty of reasons as to why:
1. Shower doors are your protection.
They are the gates that allow you your desired privacy. Shower doors protect you from any accidents, such as being walked on or any other not-so-fun stuff. Shower doors are there to keep you safe while you are showering or just minding your personal business in general.
2. Shower doors are accessories that can highlight the good parts of your bathroom.
Shower doors can bring out the best of your floors and windows if it is done right. Especially, if the door contrasts or matches the tiling and has the same aesthetic to it.
3. They are a hundred times better than the ordinary, floppy shower curtains.
Shower curtains are cool, sure, but they can be faulty at some point. First, shower curtains are cloth. There are thick variations of shower curtains, however, most are thin. Cheaper ones are the usually thin ones. Shower curtains are easy to open. Just one pull of it can expose what you were doing inside the shower. Shower doors are much sturdier and they can be locked too, which enhances the protection aspect of it.
So, ever thought of buying a shower door? There are apparently a lot of things to consider. However, the most recommended would be a custom shower door.
Let’s start with its definition. Custom shower doors have a lot of benefits, one of which is that you can, personally, have it designed according to what’s your taste. You can choose from a variety of features so it suits the style of your bathroom.
There are different types of custom shower doors:
- Swing Doors- these custom shower doors open outwards and are attached to one side of the opening. It can be either installed to open from left or right.
- Sliding Enclosures- sliding doors are made up of panels which slide against each other to open, using the top and bottom tracks.
- Door and Panel Enclosures- Door and panel enclosures have glass panels and a swing door. Basically, the combination of the two above. These types of doors are perfect if you want to have your doors customized according to the shape of your bathroom.
Custom doors, as mentioned before, have a lot of benefits:
- It suits your style. Of course, customized shower doors are to follow the exact specifications you will be giving out to the manufacturers. The pros will guide you to choose on what can work for your bathroom and for you.
- It can be cleaned easily. Manufacturing companies for shower doors design doors that can have scum, dirt and dust be wiped away easily.
- Got a lot of finish options.
- You get to choose the type of glass.
Custom doors are the best way shower doors that are recommended for anyone who is willing to buy their own. For more information, we, the Atlas Door Repairs, will happily help you with your shower door repair or shower door installation needs.